Training curriculum and materials development
Curriculum and material development usually include the following:
Background and descriptive information.
- Basis of the curricula (why it was developed)
- Target audience
- Other relevant information explaining the material and supporting its use in a different setting
- Resources supporting the content, (e.g. citations, web links, prototype materials, tools, and guidelines)
- Copyright and contact information
Directions on how to use the curricula.
- Guidance on using adult learning principles
- Specific tips to improve learning
- Outcome and competency statements
- Suggestions on adapting the curricula and supporting materials for a different target audience or for a different context